When it comes to choosing flooring for your dental practice, what are the key things you should consider?
Flooring is a key part of your practice design. Your choice of flooring needs to be practical as well as help create the right ambience for your clinic.
So, where do you start when it comes to selecting your flooring?
Here are our top ten tips on choosing flooring for your dental clinic:
1. Consider the amount of footfall your clinic will have
If you run a large and busy practice, your flooring will need to withstand a lot of wear and tear. Ensure you select a robust flooring that won’t wear easily.
2. Choose a flooring material that is easy to clean and maintain
Clinic floors need to withstand a lot of cleaning. That real wood floor you’ve been eyeing up for your reception might look fabulous but how will it look after a rigorous routine of daily cleaning?
3. Look for flooring options that are slip-resistant
Anti-slip flooring is a necessity when it comes to patient and staff safety.
4. Consider noise levels when selecting your flooring
Acoustics may not be the first thing that come to mind, but some flooring materials can be quite noisy. This may not be an issue for some clinics but is something to take into account.
5. Consider the aesthetic of the material
Your choice of material should reflect the ambience you are trying to create. Warm and inviting? Sleek and smart? Fun and bright?
6. Look for flooring that is durable and long-lasting
You don’t want to have to be replacing your flooring in a year’s time!
7. Choose a flooring option that is easy to replace
An easy-to-replace option will make it easier to repair any damage or replace worn-out sections.
8. Check for warranties and guarantees
This will give you peace of mind that your flooring will be covered in the case of any problems.
9. Consider the environmental impact of your choice
Look for flooring materials that are sustainable and not harmful to the environment.
Obviously a key factor! Make sure you’re getting the best value for your money.
If you need a hand designing your dental clinic, get in touch with our expert team for a no-obligation quote.